To The Block!
We are officially in our new house. Before we did the big move, and were still living in the tiny house (with no a/c!) I made up a bunch of these cards. The house we built is on a new block in the community, and we are the first to move in. Since we are new to the area as well as the community I thought it would be a nice way to greet each neighbor as they move in. On the inside I will put greetings from the Killeen’s and our address.
I originally saw this card made with watercolor splashes, and well………still trying to get a handle on watercolor LOL. So I decided to give it a shot with alcohol ink, in pearls. Whoot, that was fun and turned out really cool. When I need to make more they will be easy to create again. The trick was to use an eye dropper to place alcohol blending solution and one drop of color. I started from the center out to each side. The sentiment was cut three times, twice in 120 lb paper and once in glossy card stock each glued together.
I started with 15. Hopefully that will hold me a bit!
Look how YUMMY those pearly colors are!
I embellished the envelope with that awesome splash paper I used all summer from Hobby Lobby.
- Card base of Accent Opaque 120lb
- Green paper from my stash cut with Swirly Switches die, adhered with tape runner
- Photo paper cut with rectangle die, rainbow created with Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink and Alcohol Blending Solution, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Welcome cut twice with 120lb paper and once with glossy card stock, glued together with zig glue, adhered to card with Tonic Deluxe
- Envelope embellished with Momenta watercolor splash paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.