Because it is so much fun to send a card for no reason!
I loved this stamp set even before I became affiliated with The Rabbit Hole. There is just something so fun about an icky snail with a shell of flowers. Who knew?! I wanted to keep this card pretty clean and simple, so instead of adding a sentiment I used the hello scripty word with shadow layer. Scroll down for the show and tell…
I colored my icky snail with some YG’s. Knowing I could use the purple plaid paper and the darker blue/purple card stock I made the majority of the flowers in this color. Balancing it with pink, lavender and yellow. I added texture with Nuvo drops for the stamen tips and the flower centers.
Using the Hello Scripty shadow die, I cut the shadow in the dark card stock and the hello from the plaid paper. I also cut the hello two more times out of base paper and glued them all together to give it some dimension. Then I added some 3D crystal lacquer to the hello to make it shine like patent leather.
- Snail Body: YG95, YG93, YG91
- Leaves: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Yellow Flower: Y08, Y06, Y02
- Star Flower: R37, R35, R32
- Daisy: BV20, RV11, 0
- Blue Flowers: B69, B66, B63, B60
- Behind the Flowers: E41
- Ground: W3, W2, W1, W0, W00
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Plaid layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Beyond Blue layer cut with Folk Edge die, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- Image stamped on Hammermill, Colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Folk Edge die, adhered with tape runner
- Scripty word die cut from beyond blue and plaid paper, adhered with zig glue
- Nuvo drops added to flower centers, 3D crystal lacquer added to Hello
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Glassboard Studio use code: JILL20 for a 20% discount!!
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!