Hi All! I have something fun for you today. As you know Nancy of Rowhouse Greetings is a good friend if mine. We chat often, sharing cards, tips, techniques and all the crazy things friends share! Like most card makers we need a boost, or mojo recharge and a kick in the backside when we get into a slump. Recently Nancy and I were both feeling this way, so I suggested “lets color the same image once a month and blog about it, sharing on each others blog”. Fun, right?! Go check us out on Instagram too, we started a new hashtag for our collaboration, #NancyandJillcolortogether. Nancy chose the first image, which is from Mo Manning (a favorite of BOTH of us!) called Snowflakes. This is a sweet image, for some reason it makes me think of old timey London. Now, on with the show and tell…
I chose my colors so that they looked a bit faded and worn.
I paired my image with some old music paper, to me it gives the card a Christmassy feel.
- Coat: E44, E43, E42. E41
- Petticoat: BV20, RV11, R00
- Dress: B93, B91, W1
- Scarf/Hat/Gloves: BG96, BG93, BG90
- Basket: E79, E57, E35, E31
- Boots: N6, N4, N2
- Stockings: W3, W2
- Skin: E11, E21, E51, R11
- Grounding: W1, W0, W00
- Poppies: R27, R14
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Wild Cherry layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Music note layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Image printed on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with retired scallop oval die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Nuvo glitter drops in Gold Coast added to snow for glimmer
- Nuvo vintage drops in red alert added to buttons
- Black glaze pen used for centers of the poppies
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!