Clean and simple in design AND message!
Hi All! Ever since I did my clean and simple entry for MFT I have been craving more clean and simple layouts! I love clean and simple, but felt I used that formula way too often. But boy it has been nice to create some. Today I have one of the three quirky oddball birds sitting on her branch “tweeting” you a simple message. Now, on with the Show and Tell…
I looked at these leaves and thought “ok what green will I color them with?” Then I thought, “hmmm NO! let’s do fall colors” That is how I ended up with these cool rust colored leaves. I have been using this color combo a lot lately. Do you do that?
I chose blue for the bird to balance the rusty orange of the leaves and patterned paper. Wanting my branch to NOT be browny brown I chose the E40’s going for a more birch bark color.
- Leaves: E37, E08, E97, E21
- Branch: E44, E43, E42
- Bird: B97, B95, B93, B91
- Beak: YR07, YR04
- Feet: W6, W5, W4
- Shadow: C1
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Colorful Canvas paper cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Beyond Blue layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Branch stamped on Hammermill, cut with hand stitched nested rectangle, colored with various Copic Markers, adhered with tape runner
- Bird stamped on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with word bubble die, adhered with foam squares
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!