Hi All! It is that time of the month where my friend Nancy of Rowhouse Greetings and I try to NOT color alike! If you are new here, a while back Nancy was in a slump. It happens to all of us, so I suggested a challenge between us to see how different we could color the same image. Since Nancy was my first Copic Teacher and we have similar styles this can be very challenging! Lol. Sometimes we go very different directions, and sometimes not…. We DO NOT share our images until we have both colored them. This month it was my turn to pick an image. I have been doing tons of girls lately so I chose this fun image with Bunny Butts called Think Spring! It is from Whimsy stamps and available as a digital stamp or you can get it in a physical stamp. Now, on with the Show & Tell…
I love the design of Nancy’s card! I think we really managed to NOT color alike on this one! The bright white bunny tails are AMAZING. To get all the details of Nancy’s card buzz on over to Rowhouse Greetings.
I wanted to have a variety of different bunnies, it was fun trying to get colors a little different and not all brown and gray.
This fun retired flowered paper from Echo Park mimics the flowers in the image! That is how I chose the Nuvo Drops for the flower centers.
By dabbing my marker instead of blending I got a nice fur effect.
- Bunny 1: E27,E25, E23, E21
- Bunny 2: W6, W5, W4, W3
- Bunny 3: E44, E43, E42, E41
- Bunny 4: E29, YR27, YR24, YR23, RV34, RV32, RV11
- Bunny 5: C5, C4, C3, C2
- Grass, Leaves: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Pink Flower: RV09, RV14, RV13
- Yellow Flower: Y19, Y15, Y02
- Butterflies: V17, V15, V12
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Eiffel Tower cut with layering rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Retired floral paper cut with layering rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Eiffel Tower cut with layering rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image printed on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with layering rectangle, agreed with tape runner
- Nuvo drops in Caribbean Ocean and Dandelion Yellow added to flowwer centers
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
What cute cards, both of them! I love how you each colored the bunnies using a different technique. Thanks for sharing!