Hi All! So today I am going to talk a bit about Olo Markers. If you are an Alcohol Marker colorer, then you have probably heard chatter about or even have tried the new Olo marker. So recently I went out to Jenn Dove’s Boot Camp, taking the Olo’s needed for the classes. I tried them a little at home, with some frustration. So, I put them aside to wait until I could get some tips on using them straight from Jenn. She did not disappoint. After an overview and some pointers I fell in love. Yes, I now have a full set as well as a refill cartridge for each color. You can configure these markers in a couple of different ways. I am using the brush tip screwed to a refill. That’s like 8 markers! Now, by NO means am I replacing my Copics. I mean honestly I have two full sets and a full set of old style refills! Right now my Olo’s are a good ADDITION to my Copics. Here are MY pros and cons on the Olo’s
Now, on with the Show & Tell…
Only her face and hair and the map are done with Copic, the rest is all Olo.
Need a blooper? Scroll to the bottom for a pic of my big booboo!!
See the shine on her goggles and boots? Nuvo drops make glass AND patent leather!
Olo Marker List:
- Coat, Pants, Helmet, Boot Soles: YG8.7, YG8.5, Y8.6
- Goggle Frame and Belt Buckle: YO2.5
- Goggle Lenses: RG7, RG6, RG5
- Coat Collar: O7.7, O7.3, O7.1
- Map X: RV.06, RV0.4
- Boots, Belt, Scarf : RV0.6, RV0.4, RV0.2
- Eyeball: BV20
- Hair: C7, C6, C5, C4, C3
- Face: E13, E11, E21, E51, R11
- Plane and Map: E43, E42, E41, E40
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Green stripe paper from my stash cut with deckle die, adhered with tape runner
- Melon Mambo layer cut with rectangle layering die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Hammermill, colored with Olo and Copic Markers, cut with rectangle layering die, adhered with tape runner
- Sentiment stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder.
- White gel pen added to hair for highlights
- Nuvo Morning Dew drops added to goggles for glass and boots to make patent leather
- Fairy gems added for bling
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!