No stamps, No Copics…..
Hi All! How do you feel about new trends in card making? I think I am always a little hesitant to jump right in, in case its just a passing fad. Look, I was YEARS behind with hot foiling! Needless to say when I started to see the wax seal come along, I was intrigued but held off. Until, that is Yana Smakula started really showcasing the “sealed” series from Spellbinders. OK I was sold. This is the first card I have done with the products and let me say I need to finish this post so I can go back and play some more. I am sure you will be seeing lots more “sealed” series items! Now, on with the Show & Tell…
I chose a color scheme of bright pink/green with a deep brownish grey. The panel behind the flowers is shimmer paper, and my was seal is pearl and see thorough.
I love the way these dies are set up, with different layers. It allows you to customize the colors and adds dimension.
The raised heart in my sealed has silver paint on it from paint pen to make it stand out.
- Card base of Accent Opaque white 120lb
- Eiffel Tower layer cut with Big and Little Chain die, adhered with tape runner
- Pink Plaid layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Shimmer paper cut with rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Berry Sprig cit form Sour Apple, Eiffel Tower and Ripe Raspberry card stock assembled with tombow mono glue (green lid), adhered with zig chisel glue
- Seal created with pearl wax and heart stamp, silver paint added to raised heart, seal created directly onto card
- Sentiment hot foiled to glimmer specialty paper with iridescent foil, cut with word window, adhered with tape runner
- Pink Fresh clear drops added for bling
- Nuvo glitter drops added to the tops of the flowers
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!