A sweet little turtle swimming by with a message.
Hi All! If you read my post for Cafe on the 7th you know I have been in the Florida Keys. So what better to color than a cute turtle! Let me apologize also because I believe this set is retired. It does not show up on C.C. Designs website. I did find it on an obscure store I found when I googled the set. I did add that link in the shopping list, keep in mind I know nothing about this store I just wanted to give you an option. 🙂 Now, on with the Show & Tell…
I used some distress resist spray and ink blended the lower left corner and up along the edge. I used distress oxide in three colors with my Rabbit Hole mini blender to create the fun green plant, pairing it with some cut from vellum.
Silver metallic thread behind the turtle adds some dimension and texture.
- ShellL: YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91
- Head & Fins: YG17, YG25, YG03, YG21
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- My Momenta watercolour splash cut with nesting rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Base paper cut with wavy pierced rectangle, lower left corner sprayed with distress resist, ink blended with tumbled glass to create water, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder
- Seaweed cut from base paper and Vellum, distress oxide in forest moss, shabby shutters and peeled paint stippled onto the base paper with my Rabbit Hole mini blender brush, adhered with Nuvo deluxe glue
- Image stamped on Hammermill with Obsidian, cut with matching die, metallic silver thread added to the back of the turtle, adhered with foam squares
- Small clear dew drops added with deluxe glue to create air bubbles
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!