My entry for MFT’s 2022 Card Design Superstar.
Hi all! Today I have my entry for the Coloring Virtuoso category. I used the ever popular Viking. I just love him to pieces. I had so much fun trying to make him over the top with coloring. I added pencil over my Copics in several areas. Two different nuvo drops and can you believe the Axe head has 7 shades of Toner Grey?! I even researched Viking Shields to get the colors authentic to the pattern. SO MUCH FUN!!! Now, on with the Show and Tell…
Since I wanted the main focus to be the Viking and the way he was colored I decided against setting him in any type of scene. I just made him standing on a tiny hill.
His shield is traditional in color and the Axe head has 7 shades of Toner Grey! About 22 different E’s throughout!
- Coat: E09, E57, E35, E23
- Shield: B37, B14, B12, YR23, YR21, Y21, E79, E29, E25, E23
- Shoes: E57, E35, E33, E09
- Beard: W6, W5, W4, W3, W2
- Shirt/Leggings: YG97, YG95, YG93
- Face: E11, E21, E51
- Axe handle: E79, E29, E25, E23
- Axe Head: T6, T5, T4, T3, T2, T1, T0
- Belt: E37, E08, E97, E21
- Helmet: E37, E08, E97, E21, T4, T3, T2, T1, E43, E42, E41
- Ground: E89, E84, E81
Prismacolor Pencil List:
- Shoes: PC943
- Beard: PC1094
- Shirt/Leggings: PC1097
- Helmet: PC1094
- Card Base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Jalapeño Popper layer cut with wonky stitched rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Colorful canvas layer cut with square die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Hammermill with Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers and Prismacolor pencils, cut with wonky stitched square, adhered with tape runner
- Canvas paper cut in rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with versamark and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with word window, adhered to canvas rectangle with tape runner
- Nuvo drops in Copper Penny added to center of shield
- Nuvo drops in Black Board added to belt and helmet
- White gel pen used for highlights
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
Looks good! Your coloring is perfect! Thanks for sharing!
I have no idea how long this took you to make, and I imagine it was your job for awhile, but boy is it beautiful! Truly. What a great card!
Thank you SO much!