Two of my favorites, Oddballs and Flamingoes.
I do love the Oddballs. I don’t know why, but I just DO! I’ve always loved flamingoes also. But even more now that it is the mascot of the community we live in. For this flamingo I paper pieced, and hot foiled! So, on with the show and tell…
I paper pieced the body of the flamingo, and colored his feet, eyelid and beak with my Copic markers.
For the background I used my new Glimmer club kit for July! I used the teal foil, which (SORRY) photographs nothing what it looks like!
- Eyelid: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Beak: YR18, YR02, E93
- Feet and Tip of Beak: T8, T6, T4
- Card base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Bazzil Black layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- White layer hot foiled with glimmer club kit (July) plate and teal foil and the Glimmer machine, cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Black layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Hammermill and also on patterned paper, portions colored with copic markers, patterned paper version fussy cut and glued down with chisel glue, adhered with tape runner
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with tape runner
- White gel pen used for highlights
- Fairy Jewels added to upper right corner
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
I love this! I’m going to check out the Glimmer Club. I love that background. Of course I love that flamingo too! I will have to look through my stamps as I believe I have that one. Thanks for sharing!
Glimmer club is so fun!
He’s great! So much expression!!! I wondered how you colored his body then read that you paper-pieced. Even I can do that! I couldn’t imagine coloring it like that if that is what you had done 🙂 Fun card!
Thank you! When in doubt, paper piece! Lol. I’ve been having loads of fun with the glimmer machine also.