Do you love hot foil? If so you need to join this club!
Hey guys! I wanted to show you my new kit from Spellbinders Hot Foil Club. Oddly enough I used the kit w/o doing any foiling! LOL. May’s kit has this really cool butterfly die, that does have areas to hot foil, BUT it also had areas to add some needlework! Dang two things I love in one. Sadly though I had to create this card for some friends who recently lost their Father.
I cut out the layers of the butterfly and stitched the wings with some DMC thread in Monet.
I paired my butterfly with a fun retired embossing folder using some white shimmer paper. I also included the die cut sympathy, which I cut twice adhering them together then adding crystal lacquer to the top for shine and dimension.
This is what came in my kit. The words are all foilable, as well as portions of the butterfly. They are really great kits with an awesome price point. It also came with some gold foil!
- Card base or Accent Opaque White 12olb
- Bermuda Bay layer cut with Whimsy die set, adhered with tape runner
- White shimmer layer cut with same die set, then dry embossed with a retired folder, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Mint macaron layer cut with same die set, adhered with tape runner
- Sympathy cut twice, adhered together, 3D crystal lacquer added for shine and dimension, adhered with zig chisel glue
- With word stamped on base paper with versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with foam squares
- Butterfly pieces adhered together with Beacon glue, adhered with foam squares
- Honeybee aurora borealis gems added randomly
- Honeybee black gem added to butterfly head
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Glassboard Studio use code: JILL20 for a 20% discount!!
If you would like to see all the basic items I like to use in my studio; like glue, tape runner, tools ect. Please click My Go-To’s.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!! wait til you see the one where I actually hot foiled!