You were born to sparkle!
I have a special little Great-Niece who loves mermaids, and like all little girls she also loves sparkly things! Her Birthday is in July, but that is where I am at making Birthday cards right now. I keep ahead at least two months. I know, you think I am nuts but I am ridiculously organized in pretty much every aspect of my life. Anyways……enough about crazy ole me! Onto the show and tell…
This well accessorized lady loves Mermaids and sparkles. Therefore she deserves a very special Birthday card!
I just got the Glimmer Hot Foil machine so I knew I had to use it. I found this great sparkle foil and used it for the YOU. Then I used my coordinating YOU word and shadow Layer die to cut the outline. FABULOUS! Did you know at The Rabbit Hole most of the word and shadow dies have a coordinating hot foil die! how fun is that?
I paired my Mermaid with this cool galaxy paper, because it looks sparkly to me. I colored up my mermaid with my Copics and added some white gel pen stars and dots in her hair and on her tail.
- Skin: E11, E21, E51, R11
- Top: V05
- Hair: E99, YR24, YR23
- Tail: YG25, YG03, YG21
- Card Base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- Sour Apple Layer cut with Wavy Pierced Rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Galaxy layer cut with A2 layer, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- You glimmer foiled to purple paper, cut with shadow die, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with sentiment banner, adhered with foam squares
- Image stamped on Hammermill with obsidian, colored with Various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sequins and baubles added with tango and tonic deluxe glue
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
What a cute card! And a cute Great Niece too! Love that image and you colored it beautifully! I, too, have a Glimmer Machine….I got it a few months ago, but just recently started playing with it. I love mine!
I didn’t think I needed another machine! But I really am liking it. Wait til you see all the fun hot foil plates from The Rabbit Hole Designs!!!
I will certainly have to check them out!