Birthday cake calories don’t count!
I have been experimenting with mixing and matching patterned paper on one card. Here I used three different patterns and one solid color. When I get in a rut, I head to Pinterest and search card sketches. That is what I did here.
While coloring my girl, I tried to pull colors from the patterned paper. I used my new Nuvo Vintage drops on her buttons. They are cool as the dry to a matte finish! I used Pops of color in satin for her necklace and earring. The platter and her anklet are Pentel gel pen.
If only this sentiment were true!!
- Skin: E11, E21, E51
- Hair: E09, E15, E13
- Dress: BV13, BV11, BV00
- Hat: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Roses on Cake & Lips: RV55
- Flame: YR26, Y04
- Smoke: T3
- Shoes: C7, C6, C5
- Candle: YG13
- Frosting: RV34, RV32, RV11, YR01
- Eye: BG01
- Card base of opaque white 120lb
- Purple layer cut with A2 layers, adhered with tape runner
- Balloon layer cut with slimline die, adhered with tape runner
- Star layer cut with A2 layers, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- candle layer cut with trimmer, adhered with tape runner
- White layer cut with Scalloped slimline die, adhered with tape runner
- Image stamped on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with Versafine, heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with fun foam and tape runner
- White gel pen used to make polka dots on hat, Necklace made with pop of color in satin, Vintage Drops added to dress buttons
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
What a great card. Love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing!
It is a good one! If only we could make it true!!