My heart is heavy with all the horrible news coming out of the Ukraine.
The craft world is so compassionate and empathetic. There are tons of people doing all kinds of things for Ukraine. There are several places you can donate. World Central Kitchen is on the ground and feeding the refugees. IRC is helping displaced families. Sunflower of Peace — a nonprofit organization with a mission to mobilize support and aid for Ukrainian orphans, internally displaced persons, and those most affected by the current situation by providing medical assistance and other necessities.
Let us all do what we can to help. I was encouraged by all the strong women I am seeing on the news. That is what inspired me to make the card I am sharing today. It is for all the strong women, the ones you see and the ones you won’t. If you are part of the card making world, you will know we are following and sending good vibes out to Yana Smakula a fabulous card designer who is from and lives in the Ukraine.
Using my Mini Oddball Super Hero stamp, I colored her in the Ukraine flag colors. Then I added the flag from a freebie Ink Blot Shop put out in support of the Ukraine. The link to the freebie is in my shopping list.
I created my sentiment in Microsoft Word.
- Blue Clothes and Flag: B06, B04, B02
- Yellow Clothes and Flag: Y19, Y15, Y06
- Hair: E09, E15, E13
- Skin: E11, E21, E51
- Eyelid: BV23, BV20, 0
- Boots: E89, E87, E84, E81
- Card base of opaque white 120lb
- Blue layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Bee’s Knees layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- Geometric double frame cut from base paper, adhered with zig chisel glue
- Image stamped on hammermill and colored with various copic markers, cut with scan n cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment created in word, printed on hammermill, cut with sentiment strip, adhered to blue strip with tape runner, whole piece adhered with foam squares
- Yellow gem added to headband and sentiment strip
- Nuvo crystal drops in silver lining added to top pf flag pole
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!