As legend has it, the axolotl is the Aztec god of fire and lightning, Xolotl, which disguised himself as a salamander to avoid being sacrificed. But these Mexican amphibians are impressive enough on their own, with the ability to regenerate lost limbs and stay “young” throughout their lives.
Unlike other salamanders that undergo metamorphosis, axolotls (pronounced ACK-suh-LAH-tuhl) never outgrow their larval, juvenile stage, a phenomenon called neoteny.
C.C. Designers is our sponsor February 10th – 13th over at Passionate Paper Creations and Friends by Rhea. Make sure to pop over and ( join if you have not) be on the lookout for specials from the Sponsor! I was lucky enough to color up !New Axolotl. They have lots of fun images, buzz on over and check them out. Now on with the show and tell….
I colored up two of the ten salamander images for my card. They seem to be traditionally pink…not sure about those things on their heads but I needed them to be blue! Lol
There are three punny sentiments, I chose the Thanx one, because we can always use an extra Thank You card!
- Cheeks & Horns: B16, B14, B12
- Body: RV14, RV13, RV23, RV21
- Card base of opaque white 120lb
- Cornflower layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Fishy paper cut with deckle die, adhered with tape runner
- Smooth White 110lb cut with eyelet elegance die, ink blended with Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass, splatted with shimmer spray and mica mist, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Images are on Hammermill paper, colored with Various Copic Markers, adhered Wirth foam squares
- Sentiment on Hammermill, cut with word die, adhered with foam squares
- Honey Bee gems added for fun
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
What a cute card! Love the matching paper too! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Nancee! Thanks for always stopping by and leaving a comment!