It looks good on you…
Recently Honey Bee Stamps did a card class featuring the Busy Bees stamp set. While I didn’t do the class, I totally forgot to tune in! I did pull out my stamp set and a fun big word die and created my own. This card was light on coloring but big on assembly. It is not my “normal” type of card, but I can tell you I LOVE the way it came out. I am also glad I made 3 of them so I can share them.
I cut there word smile twice, attaching them together, then added 3D crystal lacquer to it for the shine. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder.
There are four bees on my card. The smallest one serving as the dot on the I is a sprinklers bumble bee embellishment. The small stamped bee also has crystal lacquer on it. The large bees have Nuvo glitter gloss on the wings.
Next was the flowers and leaves. They colored up quick and got cut out even quicker. Gotta love that scan n cut! 3D crystal lacquer was added to the flower centers, I like the way it made them shine.
- Leaves: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Flower Centers: Y38, Y19, Y15
- Flower Petals: BV00, BV34
- Bees: Y19, Y15, Y11 T4, T3, T2 BG0000, BG000
- Card base of opaque white 120 lb
- MFT Kraft layer cut with trimmer, adhered with tape runner
- Gingham layer cut with nesting rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Purple layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Second Kraft layer cut with nesting rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Flowers, Leaves and Bees stamped on Hammermill with obsidian, colored with Various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with tape runner and foam squares
- Smile cut twice, adhered together with zig chisel glue , topped with crystal lacquer, adhered to outline with zig glue, adhered to card with tape runner
- Bees adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with foam squares
- Sprinklet bee added as the dot in the I with tonic deluxe glue
- Pearls added
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
Love 🐝 Love 🐝 Love!
What a cute card! I love the shine! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, I love to do that to words!