A paper hug for a special cousin.
Who cannot resist a Stamping Bella Edna? Not me! I love the Ednas and I love mermaids, win win for me. I have to admit, this one has been in my to-do bin for a while. I think I was waiting for just the right reason. Well, I have a cousin (my Dad’s first cousin) who always leaves me great comments on my card posts and I really wanted to send her a special card. This fun Edna will be traveling up to Jersey to give Andrea a smile. I hope she loves it! Hi Andi 🤗🤗🤗❣️
The pearl is a huge part of this image. Wanting to give it a creamy almost pinkish color I had to experiment , and I am so happy with how it turned out.
Her hair has so may fun elements to it. I placed Nuvo stone drops with my stylus into the coral. It really gives it a cool coral texture. I added Ivory seashell Nuvo Drops (retired) to the pearls, dotting every other one, letting it dry and adding the others. This helps them not smoosh together. The “clam” shell has Nuvo Drops in Rosewater on it. There is also a bit of .08 white gel pen.
After coloring the tail fins, I decided they needed some “pleats” to make them stand out a bit. I used my Prismacolor Pencils to add them in. The effect turned out cool.
- Pearl: BV31, E41, R00, R000, R0000
- Tail: BG57, BG34, BG32, BG11
- Skin: E11, E21, E51
- Lips: RV55
- Hair: E37, E35, E33
- Flower in Hair: RV34, RV32, RV11, YR12
- Spiral Shell: E44, E43, E42
- Clam Shell: R12
- Small Shell: BV20, RV11, R00
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Pearl: PC914, PC1013
- Tail: PC992, PC1103, PC1087
- Card Base of Opaque White 120lb
- Dark pink layer cut with layering rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Light pink layer cut with Swirly rectangle die, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- Watercolor splash cut with Wonky Stitched Oval (retired), adhered with tape runner
- Image stamped on hammermill with obsidian, colored with Various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Various Nuvo Drops added with the aid of a stylus to the elements in her hair
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with layering rectangle, watercolor paper cut with slightly larger rectangle, adhered together with tape runner, adhered to card with foam squares
- Iridescent Bubbles added for fun with tonic deluxe glue
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!
What a cute card! I have some Edna stamps but don’t think I have this one. Love all the additional details you added with the Nuvo drops! Thanks for sharing!