A scene building labor of love…
Recently very dear friends of ours purchased a farm. Everyone it seems is moving! We moved and at least 10 of our friends have too. I feel like I have made lots of New Home cards in the last year. It is so fun to see everyones new digs.
Now if you follow or know me, you know I am not a big “scene builder” card maker. But sometimes you just have to jump in and go for it. I have to admit I knew the scene I wanted to create and it took no less than 7 different dies, several of them retired! I am calling this my Farmer Phil and Ronda card.
This is Farmer Phil, I hope he does not mind I have him grey hair! We actually started calling him Farmer Phil last year after he grew these awesome pumpkins. I gave him traditional colors and a canvas coat.
This is Farmer Ronda, we actually do not call her that……YET! I gave her dirty pink boots, and some sparkly eye shadow. I colored her jumper to match Phil’s canvas coat.
Not having a “new farm” sentiment I went with Congratulations!
warning: I used LOTS of markers in this project!
- Skin: E11, E21, E51
- Overalls: B97, B95, B93
- Phil’s Shirt: R59, R46, R35
- Phil’s Coat & Ronda’s Jumper: E44, E43, E42, E41
- Eyeballs: N1
- Shadows: BV20
- Phil’s Boots: E29, E25, E23, E21
- Soles on both Boots: E87, E84
- Phil’s Hat & Bucket Handle: E35, E33, E31, E30
- Pitchfork: C7, C5, C3
- Ronda’s Boots & Eyelids: BV20, RV11, R00
- Ronda’s Hair: E99, YR24, Y21
- Carrot: YR09, YR07, YR04
- Beet: R85, R83, R81
- Leaves: YG97, YG95, YG93
- Ronda’s Shirt & Trim: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Skull Brooch: T2, BV20
- Stockings: RV32. RV11, E43
- Bucket: W7, W5, W3, W1
- Card Base of Opaque White 120lb
- Scene built with layers of grass and hills with a fence, adhered with tape runner
- Images stamped on Hammermill with Obsidian, colored with a TON of Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Frame cut with retired die from woodgrain paper ( the same as I used for the fence) adhered with sticky strips
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with sticky strips
- Clouds cut from retired die, adhered with foam squares
- Nuvo glitter gloss added to Ronda’s eyelids
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!