A Retired Stamp with a Purpose!
I received this stamp at Boot Camp as a give away from the wonderful Barbara Sproatmeyer. It is retired, but I wanted to show you how a stamp originally intended for Christmas can be used for a Birthday. Got to get mileage from these babies. With some different colors, the presents are neutral and his hat becomes a party hat.
His belly was colored with Copic’s and then texturized with a rag. It still did not get the effect I was going for so I added some colored pencil on top. This gave me the soft fuzzy look I was hoping for.
Adding a Birthday sentiment helped transition this from Christmas to Birthday.
- Body: C7, C6, C5
- Eyes: B97, B95, B91, YG03
- Hat & Gifts: BG97, BG05, BG02 V17, V15, V12 Y19, Y15, Y11
- Feet & Beak: YR07, YR04, Y12
- Ground: T4, T2, T1
Prismacolor Pencil List:
- Belly: 1059, 1060, 1063
- Base paper of Opaque White 120lb
- Yellow layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Patterned layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with 1/4 inch double side adhesive and fun foam
- Teal oval cut with nesting oval die, adhered with tape runner
- Image stamped on Hammermill with Obsidian, colored with Various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, cut with oval mosaic die, adhered with double side adhesive and fun foam
- Sentiment stamped on base paper with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with retired word window, adhered with small foam squares, gems added for bling
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up below to have them delivered right to your inbox!