My message and creation for World Card Making Day!
Did you do anything for World Card making Day? I did! Instead of stalking sales and getting crazed over more stuff, I decided to actually make a bunch of cards for the day. Fourteen cards to be exact. (LOL) My inspiration for this card came from Rachel Alvarado of Rachel Alvarado Designs. I wanted to send a special card to my two best girlfriends, because I have been so busy lately that I have not been able to communicate as much the last couple weeks. The card I made for them is the one I am showing you. I did a slightly different version for my core group of Card Making Friends. It was basically the same card with a different sentiment. They were really fun, quick and easy to do.
I cut this die out twice, once in heavy base paper, and again in glossy white card stock. I wanted it to have dimension and stability. I used my Zig chisel tip glue to attach them together.
My Favorite Things always has such great sentiments. This was the perfect one for my girls! For my crafting friends I used “Friendship is made up of a million little things” which I stamped on white paper with versafine and heat embossed in clear.
- Card Base of Accent Opaque White 120lb
- SU bossy Meadow layer cut with rectangle layer die, adhered with tape runner
- Hammermill white layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Craft consortium layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Die cut twice, once with card base paper and once with glossy white, adhered together with Zig Chisel glue, the same glue was used to adhere die cut to card
- Sentiment stamped on Mossy Meadow with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder, adhered with tape runner
- Honey Bee Prism gems added for some fabulous bling
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.