The “no fun, but always needed” Sympathy Card.
Sympathy cards can be SO sad! But, they are always needed. Taylored Expressions Sketchbook Florals and the coordinating Field Notes are perfect for this type of card. I recently did a simpler version of this card for my local (NOT so local) shop’s Demo Day to Go that was so cute I decided to amp it up a little and blog it for you! The original version did not have the extra dots stamped and did not have those yummy Honey Bee prism embellies.
I am IN LOVE with these embellishments. Honey Bee is knocking it out of the park with their line of gems. I cannot get enough of them. Click on the Honey Bee name above and it will take you to all the gems!
There is no shading or gradients here! Straight up, four markers, solid color. Which also makes this an easy peasy card.
Do you need all three sizes of foam squares? YES, YES you do! The new micro ones are a game changer. I used to cut the small ones in fourths, so I LOVE these micros!
- Petals: BV00, RV10, B91
- Stem & Leaves: G20
- Card Base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Floral paper layer cut with Stitches of Love die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Pink layer added with tape runner
- Sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, stippling stamped with Distress Oxide in Pumice Stone
- Image stamped with Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers, FUSSY CUT!, adhered with multiple sizes of foam squares
- Honey Bee prism’s added in 3’s
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.