This time I used my Polychromos Pencils
A couple of posts ago I did Rosie with my Caran D’ache pencils, for this fun gnome I used my polychromos. I have to admit I have about 5 different full sets of pencils. They are each a bit different, and they do not all like the same paper! I try and use some pencils at least once a month. If I am not feeling my Copic’s or am in a slump, usually a couple cards done with pencil will put me back on track. I have had this stamp set for quite a while. It has two of my favorite things, a Gnome and a Bee. I have tried to color it several times with my Copics, and blech! Clearly this stamp was made for a colored pencil, in my studio anyway!
The gnome and the bee each have a beard, so I actually did them in two different grey families. The difference is subtle. I love beards done with pencil, I feel like I can make the hair look like….well HAIR!
As is normal for me I stamped the sentiment with Versafine and heat embossed it with clear powder. I like the way embossing makes the words pop a bit.
Polychromos Pencil List
- Hat, Cape, Clothing on Gnome: 278, 167, 168, 170
- Wings: 140, 146, 230, 270, 101
- Bee Body: 183, 184, 106, 104, 235, 234, 233, 232
- Gnome Beard: 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235
- Bee Beard: 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275
- Skin & Noses: 188, 189, 1323, 102
- Gnome Goggles: 266, 166, 112
- Bee Goggles: 143, 120, 140
- Handle Bars: 252
- Shadow: 175
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Mango Melody layer cut with trimmer, adhered with tape runner
- Floral paper cut with deckle die, adhered with fun foam and double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Stonehenge with obsidian, colored with various Polychromos pencils
- Sentiment added to image with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with deckle die, adhered with fun foam and double side adhesive
- Gold pearls added for texture and shine
- Envelope embellished with matching paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.