You Can Do It!
Today was a rare rainy cold day, that I actually got to spend alone. I set out to color an MFT Pure Innocence girl, but set it aside for some nice meditative colored pencil work. When I use my copics, I work quickly and choose colors relatively easily. Colored pencils have the opposite effect on me. The slower pace of coloring with them is like meditation. I really enjoyed working this one up and hope you all enjoy her. Thanks for stopping by!
I chose blues for her jumpsuit and nailed those cuffs. Then I looked at all the rest of the area that would be blue also and kind of freaked. LOL!
If you are familiar with Stamping Bella Oddballs, you know they have these big bug eyes. What they do not have are the colored parts. I generally go with the way stamps are drawn, but decided to experiment and give Rosie some cool green eyes.
I used the Stonehenge to stamp my sentiment on also, using Versafine and heat embossing it with clear powder.
Caran d’Ache Luminance Pencil List
- Jumpsuit: 159 Prussian Blue, 660 Middle Cobalt Hue, 662 Genuine Cobalt Blue, 661 Light Cobalt blue
- Boot Uppers: 548 Raw Umber, 736 Olive Brown 50%, 732 Olive Brown 10%
- Boot Soles: 508 Payne’s Grey, 507 Paynes’s Grey 60%, 504 Payne’s Grey 30%
- Hair Tie & Boot Tongue: 120 Violet, 112 Manganese Violet, 630 Ultramarine Violet
- Hair: 037 Brown Ochre, 876 Burnt Ochre 50%, 836 Brown Ochre 50%, 872 Burnt Ochre 10%
- Eyes: 039 Olive Brown, 025 Green Ochre, 015 Olive Yellow, 001 White
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Gorgeous Grape layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Vintage Emporium paper cut with rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Stonehenge with Obsidian, colored with various Luminance pencils, cut with retired rectangle die from C.C. Designs, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped on Stonehenge with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with foam squares
- Purple Pearls added for fun
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Great card! I love those Stamping Bella images. This is one I don’t have. I agree that coloring with Copics goes so much faster and using colored pencils forces you to slow down which is much more like meditation. Thanks for sharing!
Bella’s are my favorites!
[…] couple of posts ago I did Rosie with my Caran D’ache pencils, for this fun gnome I used my polychromos. I have to admit I have about 5 different full sets of […]