Using the “other” stamps in a set…..
Do you find yourself using mainly the “focal” point stamp in a set? I know I am guilty of it. The other day while trying to pull a bin of stamps from above my head, I spilled the whole thing. (Remember I am still working in cramped quarters.) Anyways….. while picking up and resorting about 50 sets I ran across Taylored Expressions Mimi, which is an adorable poodle. I was quickly drawn to the bouquet of flowers in the set that I know I never got inky before. Seeing the potential for some sweet, simple and somewhat quick cards I could make with it, I cleaned up and set about the make these cards.
I started by picking my paper. That way I could color the flowers to match. The solid paper is some retired from Stampin Up, it pulls out the center of the flowers in the Echo Park paper.
Blue and orange flowers to go with the paper. With a bling of Nuvo stone and glitter drops in the centers.
Combine a simple stamp with a fun die cut and a stand out sentiment!
*for the first card only
- Leaves: YG45
- Biggest Flower: YR18, YR02, E93
- Daisy Flower: YR02
- Side Flower: B01, B00, B00
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Retired Grapefruit Grove paper, die cut, adhered with tape runner
- Echo pPark paper, die cut with rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and double side adhesive
- Hammermill cut with die, image stamped with Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers, adhered with fun foam and double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped on die cut word window with Obsidian, adhered with tape runner
- Nuvo Drops added to center of flowers
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.