I Love Bees!
If you know me, you know I LOVE bees! I have one tattooed on my foot, I have them as decor around my houses and of course I use one in my logo. We also have planted lots of pollinator plants both for the bees and the hummingbirds. So when I saw this stamp set from Photoplay I knew I had to have it. As some of you know, I design cards for a (not so) local to me shop’s Demo Day. Well, they will be getting a card with one of these bees for the next 3 Demo Days! This set is seriously THAT versatile!
I just adore the sweet smile on this bees face! I want to hug her back. Two fun things I did with this little image. I placed Nuvo Glitter Gloss on the wings, and added 3D Crystal Lacquer on the heart.
Dimension is great! Nothing makes me sadder than a flat card. I like my layers to pop up, I like rhinestones, pearls, dew drops and Nuvo Drops. So when I set out to use these big alphabet dies for the HUGS, I cut them three times. I cut the green ones twice adhering them together, then once in black and adhered them a little offset to give them a shadow.
- Bee Body: Y08, Y06, Y02 N6, N4, N2
- Heart: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Wings: BV20, RV11, R00
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- MFT gift wrap layer cut with rectangle die adhered with tape runner
- Neenah layer cut with fancy die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- HGS cut three times, the green adhered together with zig glue, the black glued at an offset to create a shadow, adhered to base with zig glue
- Bee stamped on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers, embellished with Nuvo glitter gloss, white gel pen and 3D lacquer, cut with Brother Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Facet gems adhered with Nuvo precision pen glue
- envelope embellished with matching patterned paper
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage.
Thank You for supporting my little blog.
Love this card Jill! It just makes me smile!! 💛🖤💛🖤
That little bee has such an awesome facial expression!
What a great card! That bee is so cute! Thanks for sharing!