I love old planes.
I had the chance in my 20’s to go up several times in this old Piper Cub, doors off, soaring over all the places I ran around in my car. What fun! So when I saw this stamp set from MFT I was hooked. I had SO much fun coloring this, and cannot wait to do up the other images soon.
I chose to color my flying bunnies light brown, since I knew I wanted the plane to be metallic colored. I did not want two grey families competing.
Making the pennants all different colors allowed me a bit more freedom in choosing the patterned paper in my layers. I decided I wanted to pick up the green with the patterned paper, and popped that color into the center.
Little details can make a big impact. I added lots of white high lights and black glaze onto the wheel hub.
- Tires and Prop Knob C7, C6, C5
- Plane Nose, Wings and Hub Cap: R46, R27, R14
- Large Bunny Shirt: BG49
- Small Bunny Shirt: G07
- Bunnies: E35, E33, E31
- Plane Body: W5. W4, W3, W2, W1
- Prop: Atyou Spica Silver
- Banners: Y19, Y15, Y02. B06, B04, B02. G07, G14, G12. YR09, YR04, YR02. BG49, BG13, BG11
- Card Base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Pear Pizzazz Layer cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Plaid layer cut with retired die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Bazzill black layer cut with retired rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on hammermill with Obsidian, cut with retired die, colored with various Copic Markers, adhered with tape runner
- Envelope embellished with matching card stock and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.