Because diamonds are a girls best friend.
Whoot, this card was so fun and challenging to create. I have to give a shout out to my husband, who solved my diamond issue for me. Stamping Bella’s sample had the diamond done in pale pink, and looked oh so cool. I could not get mine to look that way. It kept looking way too bright. So then I tried stamping and heat embossing on silver craft paper, and it looked cool. My husband said it looked ok but he thought it should be more transparent. Hmmmmmm ok lets try thick vellum, with gunmetal embossing powder, and color the pink under it on the image, so the vellum mutes it. BINGO! I cannot wait for you to see it.
I stamped three sets of girls when I started this project, so like them I started with the skin. I like to color skin!
Knowing I was going to use purples on this lady I chose to give her some red hair. I like this combo, and yes I am pretty partial to red heads!
Once I had everything colored I added a Nuvo Dream Drop in Fairy Wings to the flower. Dream Drops are….well, dreamy!
I colored the diamond on the stamped image. Then I stamped the image on thick vellum, and heat embossed it with gunmetal powder, I fussy cut it and glued it down with Zig glue.
I really loved how this one turned out. You know the feeling when you feel like you really nailed something after trying a ton of ideas? yeah, that’s how I feel!
- Skin: E13, E11, E21
- Hair: E09, E15, E13
- Flower: BV04, BV34, BV31
- Leaves: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Dress: BV04, BV02, BV01, BV00, BV000
- Shoes: BV04, BV02, BV01
- Diamond: RV02, Rv000, RV0000
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Pale Pink (Papertrey Ink) cut with rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Purple stripe (retired MFT Dot’s & Stripes Confection) cut with retired C.C. Designs rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Deep Pink (Papertrey Ink) cut with retired rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Image stamped with Gina K Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squartes
- Diamond stamped and heat embossed on MFT thick vellum, heat embossed with gunmetal powder, fussy cut, adhered with Zig glue over top of coloring
- Nuvo dream drops in sets of three added to two corners
- Envelope embellished with coordinating patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.