Or in this case a jar of awesome Mary Kay product!
Yes! this is another barter card I created for my friend Cheri, the Mary Kay gal! I have had so much fun coloring up lots of mostly Stamping Bella ladies for this project. If you missed my previous post, I am making cards for my Mary Kay Consultant friend to use and she has traded me product for them. Win, Win!
I started this batch of ladies by doing all the skin. I have been using a darker skin selection lately and I really like the warmth of it.
Then I worked from the top down, tackling hair first then the flowers and strawberries.
Do you ground your images? Sometimes I do, and sometimes I do not. But it really makes a difference. Like Jen Dove says…..Hey your image is just floating there, give it some ground!
After I got her all colored and her dress all assembled I added some Nuvo Glitter Drop in Summer Sunrise to the center of the flower.
I paper pieced the dress because I wanted her to have a fun summery flowered dress. Then I paper pieced onto of my paper piecing! I colored and cut out the berry and leaf in the pocket, placing it on top of the dress. Talk about some cool dimension.
- Skin: E13, E11, E21
- Hair: T7, T6, T5
- Strawberries & Jar Lid: R27, R24, R22
- Heart on Jar & Shoes: R24
- Leaves: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Flower: R22, R21, R20
- Jar Label: C1, 0
- Jar: YG91
- Jar Lid RIng: C3, C2, C1
- Ground: W6, W5, W4
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Doodlebug Simply Spring yellow layer, cut with rectangle die, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Image stamped with Gina K Obsidian on Hammermill paper, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with retired MFT die, adhered to yellow layer with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Dress and pocket berry stamped and fussy cut, adhered with Zig glue
- Nuvo Glitter Drop added to flower
- Three rhinestones added to upper right hand corner
- Envelope embellished with coordinating patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate links have been used in this post at no cost to you. If you do happen to click and buy, I may get a small percentage. Thank You for supporting my little blog.