Graduation In the Time of Corona Virus…
It’s time for another Papercraft Business Challenge!
This Month’s theme is Father’s Day or Male. I chose to do a Male Graduation card.
Happy Monday from my house to yours! I am sure we all know a High School Senior who has missed out on a lot of Senior activities. My Nephew Morgen is one of them. Never the less we are still SUPER proud of him. He lost out on his senior year of baseball, which I think was the hardest for him to miss out on. He will be playing in college though. Go Monks!!! He had a virtual signing, a virtual graduation and no prom. Todays card is the one I made him. It features his school colors and because of this virus I though the Oddball Graduate would be perfect. Normally I like to color my image before I pick paper, but for this one I did pick the paper first. I knew I wanted yellow and green and they needed to be a bit masculine. I hope you like it!
Since most of my family is Irish the embellishments for this card were a no brainer. I tripled them and added Nuvo Drops in morning dew to them for a bit of shine.
It is hard to see in this photo, but there are Nuvo Drops in Morning Dew on the skulls. If you look close you can see a booboo in his eye that I had to use a bit of white gel pen on! Nope, I am not perfect. There is also black glaze pen on his pupils.
- Gown: G29, G46, G24, G21
- Gown Collar and Cuffs: YR23, Y15, Y11
- Skulls: BV20, 0
- Skin: E11, E21, E51, R11, BV20
- Hair: E59, E57, E34
- Shoes: W7, W6, W5, W4
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- SU Garden Green layer cut with MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- MFT Proper Pinstripes layer cut with Concord & 9th Confetti die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- MFT Dot’s & Stripes Sorbet layer cut with retires C.C. Designs rectangle no.1, adhered with tape runner
- White classic crest layer cut with retired die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Hammermill Digital Color Copy 100lb, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Brother Scan N Cut SDX125, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment strip also cut with retired die, sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, adhered with foam squares
- Shamrocks cut from an old Taylored Expressions freebie die, three layers glued together and adhered with Tonic Deluxe glue, Nuvo drops in Morning Dew added to the top
Congrats on Morgan’s graduation. I love the ‘lil skulls. Truly a perfect fit for this year’s grads. I am sure your nephew loved it.
Lol I still have to mail it!
I’m sure he loved it! Thanks for sharing!