Revisiting a sweet set from Newton’s Nook
Happy Monday from my arm chair to yours! This arm chair will be my friend for the next week, since I had my gallbladder removed on Friday. So I am in recovery mode. Let me tell you, ER visits and surgeries are very scary during this Covid stuff. You do everything alone. Thank goodness for cell phones.
Last week I had the privilege of making some Thank You cards for a friend of mine who sells Mary Kay. Today I am showing you the first one. I will have the second on Thursday. For the first one I used Newton’s Nook Dainty Daisies. I have colored this set up several times, with both Copic Markers and Colored pencils. I love that you can use the main flower stamp for almost any occasion. I am pretty sure I will be hanging onto this set for a while.
I used C.C. Designs 4 Season Sentiment, stamping with Versafine and heat embossing with clear powder. If you are a regular here you know this is how I generally do my sentiments. Do you have a specific way you love to do sentiments? Drop me a note and tell me what yours are!
I really wanted to go for a white daisy look, so I partially colored the petals. Focusing on making the centers pop with color.
Copic Marker List
- Flower Petal: BV20
- Leaves: G24, G21, G20
- Flower Centers: YR09, YR07, YR04, YR02
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 100lb
- MFT Black & White Dots patterned paper adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Dry embossed layer, I used and old retired Stampin ‘ Up! one with the Neenah Classic Crest, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped on Neenah with Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, cut with Stitched Rectangles, adhered with foam squares
- Daisy image stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Digital with Gina K. amalgam ink in Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Brother Scan N Cut SDX125, adhered with foam squares
- Dew drops adhered with Tonic Deluxe glue
- Envelope (not shown) embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
I love to hear your thoughts & comments.
Scroll down to the bottom and “drop me a note”!
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.