Papercraft Business Challenge # 29
Happy Thursday! Can you believe it’s time for a new Challenge over at Papercraft Business Challenge? This month oddly went very fast for me. We are still hunkered down and doing our best. We hope you are doing your part and being safe also. On Monday I showed you a card I made in honor of Nurse Heroes. Today I have an Everyday Hero for you.
Recently I sewed a bunch of masks for Family, Friends and my Husbands coworkers. I had a handful left and was planning on donating them, but had not decided where yet. Then My friend Sharon did a Facebook post about cooking for Homeless Veterans. She is also taking monetary donations and asking for masks! WHOOOT, I had found my place to donate. I had also already made this card (the image by the way is FREE from Ellen Hutson), and it seemed the perfect thing to tuck in the package for my generous friend. In addition to all this cooking and fundraising she is also a single Mom to three! And we all know how crazy it is with kids home right now. Sharon truly has a kind and generous heart, and I wanted people to know about it. Now onto my card……..
I love this sentiment. It is so perfect for things right now, and I think for the future too. We encounter Everyday Heroes all the time. Maybe this will be a reminder to us to acknowledge them more often.
I was not sure what I wanted to put on her crown. I did not want to color it. I chose a Nuvo dream drop, because even Everyday Heroes need pearls…….Really!! I also added some black Glaze pen for dimension on her eyes.
- Hair: E99, YR24, YR23
- Jeans: B97, B95, B93
- Cape: YR23, Y15, Y11, Y00
- Shirt: RV21, RV02, RV00
- Skin: E11, E21, E51, R11
- Word Bubble: B00, B000, B0000
- Shoes: W4, W2, W0
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Hair: PC1034 goldenrod
- Jeans: PC1079 blue violet lake
- Cape: PC1003 spanish orange
- Shirt: PC1014 deco pink
- Shoes: PC1072 50% french grey
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- MFT Dots & Stripes layer cut with MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- White Gina K Heavy white 120lb, cut with Whimsy stamps Zig Zag Rectangle, Using the Taylored Expressions Masking stencil circle I ink blended a circle with Distress Oxide in Mustard seed spritzing some water on it, adherted with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image printed on Hammermill color copy digital with an Epson WF3720 printer, Colored with various Copic markers and Prismacolor Pencils, cut with Brother Scan N Cut SDX125, adhered with foam squares
- Nuvo Dream Drop in Love Potion added to crown, black Glaze pen added to eyes