For all of our Hero Nurses…
Happy Monday from my home to yours! As always I hope everyone is staying safe and is doing their best to help flatten the curve. Last week I sewed masks for my Family, Friends and my Husbands office staff. I even popped some in my mailbox for my Mail Carrier. Have you guys been doing anything to help, or cheer people up? I would love to hear about it, at the end of the post you can “drop me a note”!
I am super lucky to know lots of Nurses, some manning the front lines (Kendra!) and some retired. I am ever so grateful for all of them. There have been many times I have shot a text to any one of them for their trusted advice. I wanted to make a card that showed my appreciation for these Heros! It did take three different stamp sets and some stamp, scan, mirror, print manipulation for that cape. My Favorite Things made their Dr and Nurse stamp sets as a freebie download last week! Yay MFT! So I used the Nurse stamp, and added a cape. To get the cape I took my Stamping Bella, Superbella stamp and stamped the area of her cape. It was facing the wrong way, so I took my stamped image and scanned it, flipped it around and printed it. For the Hero! I took my La-La Land Crafts Super Hero Marci sentiment and masked all but the hero! It is fun to try and find different pieces when you have an idea. I will tell you having all my stuff on Evernote really helps when I need to track things down.
This cape worked perfect once I was able to make it go the correct way! I fussy cut it and adhered it to the back. When I printed the image it was super light, so I took my .03 Copic Multi Liner and made the lines darker.
I stamped my masked Hero! with Versafine and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, and used my Honey Bee stamps Sentiment Banners to cut it out.
I decided to color the front of the chart clip board to look like a computer. I also added Nuvo drops for a glass finish, I also added them to the stethoscope. The ear pieces on the stethoscope have Sakura Black Glaze pen on them to give some dimension.
- Scrubs: BG34, BG32, BG11
- Shoes: C6, C4, C2, E84
- Chart: C5, C4, C2, W3, W2, W1
- Stethoscope: C5, C3, C1
- Hair: E99, YR24, YR23
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Plaid layer (unknown maker from my stash) cut with Lawn Fawn Cross Stitch Rectangle, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- SU Coastal Cabana layer cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Bazzill diamond layer cut with Gina Marie Designs Mosaic Oval, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Nurse image printed on Hammermill Color Copy digital with my Epson WF3710 printer, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Brother Scan N Cut SDX125
- Cape image stamped on Neenah, scanned, mirror flipped on computer and printed on Hammermill, colored with various Copic Markers
- Images attached to each other and mounted with foam squares
- Sentiment masked and stamped with Versafine, heat embossed with Stampendous clear embossing powder, cut with Sentiment dies, adhered with tape runner
- Nuvo drops in Morning dew added to chart and stethoscope
- Sakura black glaze pen added to ear pieces of stethoscope
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Very cute! Thanks for sharing!