Thanks Tiddly Inks!
Happy Monday, right? I think today is Monday…… We are still hunkered down here on Skyway Drive, and we sincerely hope that all of you are doing your part to flatten this curve. The sooner we all comply, the sooner we can get back to our old normal!
If like me, you have been a bit concerned about spending. There are LOTS of stamp companies that have digital images, and most of them offer some freebies. I’ve been using “digis” for about a little over a year. I really like that I can have my image instantly, I can resize it to fit my needs, and last but not least….STORAGE!
Todays cards, and Thursdays too, use a free image from Tiddly Inks. Great shop on Etsy! I did four versions of this card. I did a pink and a yellow version in both Copic Markers and Polychromos Pencils. Today I am showing you the Copic versions. Buzz back on Thursday for the Pencil versions. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Look how pretty the Liquid Mercury Nuvo Drops look against the Coral Red.
The Bottle Green Nuvo Drops were perfect with the yellow.
For the pink flower card I cut the smile with Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft paper. I cut the word three times for each card, and layered them up.
For the yellow I used Stampin’ Up! Pear Pizzaz.
- Pink Flowers: R37, R35, R32
- Yellow Flowers: YR23, YR21, Y21
- Small Leaf: G14
- Card Base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Solid layer ( Poppy Parade & Pear Pizzaz) cut with Spellbinders Nested Rectangles, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Striped MFT Dots & Stripes layers cut with Nested Rectangles, adhered with tape runner
- Image printed with Epson WF3720 printer on Hammermill Color Copy Digital 100lb, cut with Gina Marie Ric Rac Nested Rectangle, Colored with various Copic Markers, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double size adhesive
- Smile word cut 3 times with Stamping Bella Smile die ( comes in a set of 3 sizes!) layers glued together with Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen, adhered with the same glue
- Nuvo drops placed over printed dots using the tip of a small stylus
- Envelopes embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
It worked, Jill…each of these cards made me smile on this rainy Monday! Like with Copics, I’ve yet to master the Nuvo drops…yours look great!
Thank you so much Rosanne! Make sure you come back Thursday for the pencil versions. The nuvo Drops like anything else, just need practice. You know I am a firm believer in practice! Pencils are really teaching me patience, as you keep adding layers til it finally looks good.
Cute, Jill! Love the colors on those whimsical flowers!
Thank you Karen! They remind me of poppies. Make sure to buzz back on Thursday for the oencil versions!
Great cards. I have numerous digital images. If I can’t find a stamp I am looking for, I can usually find a digital stamp. I also love that you can re-size them! Thanks for sharing.
I agree, the resizing is fun. I like when I get a special order, I can search a digi and usually find what the person is looking for. Right now there are a ton of freebies too, which is great for crafters on a budget or out of work. They can still create. It also let’s me be able to show you all a great variety of companies!