Queens Ink “Royal Makers” My House Challenge
Happy Thursday from my locked down house to yours! I am lucky to have two great small craft stores about an hour from me. I am doing my darndest to help these guys out as they have both had to go to online sales only. For the store that I instruct at (Photoscraps) I am making up kits and and putting tutorials here on my blog like I do for Demo Day. The other one is Queen’s Ink. Patti the owner made her customers a really cool Facebook Page called Queen’s Ink Royal Makers, for all of us that shop and take classes together. We have been sharing what we have been working on and such. So the really fun part is Patti is creating challenges for us. The first one is what todays post is about.
Challenge #1 “My House”
1. Find a song with home or house in the title or song lyrics and use it as your inspiration. There are some really great songs: Our House, Homeward Bound, The House of the Rising Sun, Pink House, Sweet Home Alabama, and there are several different songs with just the word “Home” in its title. There are tons of great songs to choose from and you will get to listen to some great music while you are searching and creating.Step 2. Create a house. Your house can be made on any surface using any material(s)…the sky is the limit.Need a jumpstart? You can do a painting, a drawing, journal cover or page, 3-D assemblage, Zentangle, watercolor or collage. Work big or tiny…it’s up to you.
What is a house without a door? Some days I struggle with the littlest things. Well this door was one of them. I must have colored it a half dozen times before giving up and stamping and heat embossing it on some woodgrain paper and fussy cutting it.
These roses are to die for! I just love them. After coloring the centers yellow, I decided to go a step farther and take a smidge of glitter drops on the tip of a small stylus and dabbing it on. There is the teensiest amount of sparkle and texture.
The white space in the corner needed something, so I thought an oversize bee for the oversize roses. Of course, a bit of Glitter Gloss on the wings!
- House: E53, E51, E50
- Windows: B00, B000, B0000
- Shingles: YG95, YG93, YG91
- Chimney: E51, E57, E55
- Grass, Ground, Leaves: G24, YG03, YG11
- Flowers: R37, R35, R32
- Bee: Y19, Y15, Y11, B00, B0000
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Retired wood paper from Stampin’ Up! cut with MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice card stock cut with Wonky Rectangle, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Digital 100lb with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian, colored with various Copic markers, cut with ElizabethCraft Fitted Indented Rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Door section stamped with Versafine on retired woodgrain paper and heat embossed with clear powder, fussy cut, adhered with tape runner
- Bee stamped on Hammermill, colored with Copics, Nuvo Glitter Gloss on wings, cut with coordinating die, adhered with glue dot
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew added to all the windows
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in Silver Lining on doorknob
- Nuvo Glitter Drops in Yellow Bird in flower centers
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
This is such a cute card, Jill! I love that leaning, whimsical house. I’m such a fan of fairy houses and this reminds me of one. I’m also a Miranda Lambert fan!
I am so glad you liked it! I love this one. I have colored it several times and made it into a shadowbox as a new home gift!
This is so cute! I have that stamp but have yet to color it. Of course it is in storage right now, but when we finally get to move into our new house I will have to pull it out and color it up! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, it is a fun one! I have used it several times. I even made it into a shadow box for my DIL when they moved into their new house!