Happy Monday. I hope everyone is hanging in there with the quarantines and the shelter in places. I know lots of us are using our craft as an outlet from what is going on in the world. I also know, a lot of us have had some creative blocks. I get them too! That’s when I usually find a challenge to do. The other week, Marcella at Power Poppy had a great sale. If you love Power Poppy, I hope you got in on it. In ordered some digital stamps. The same morning I purchased my stamps my Friend Nancy who colors for Power Poppy posted an image from Zinnia Parade, which I had just downloaded! Since I have been experimenting with pencils, I grabbed her color scheme and converted it to my Prismacolors and challenged myself color my image with her colors. My pencil version is much softer than Nancy’s beautiful bold version. I have added links so buzz on over and check hers out too.
This is Nancy’s. You can view her blog post at Rowhouse Greetings. I love her big bold zinnia and the contrast of the turquoise pot.
I added a sentiment strip done with Versamark and heat embossed white powder.
My zinnia’s orange is much softer. I really love how the orange and yellow pencil blended for me.
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Flower Center: PC946 dark brown
- Petals: PC926 carmine red, PC1002 yellowed orange, PC940 sand
- Stem: PC1091 green ochre, PC1097 moss green, PC1005 lime peel
- Pot: PC105 colbalt turquoise, PC905 aquamarine, PC992 light aqua, PC1054 warm grey 50%, PC1052 warm grey 30%, PC1051 warm grey 20%
- Highlight: PC938 white
- Shadow: PC946 dark brown
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- MFT Sweet Celebration layer cut with Nesting Rectangles, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Textured yellow oval cut with Waffle Flower Nesting Ovals, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Image printed on Springhill Vellum Bristol Cover Digital 80lb with my Epson WF3720 printer, colored with various Prismacolor Pencils, cut with Brother Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment from retired Papertrey Ink Just Because stamp set, stamped with Versafine on MFT Tropical Teal and heat embossed with Lawn Fawn white embossing powder, adhered with tape runner and foam squares
- MFT iridescent bubbles adhered with Tonic Deluxe adhesive
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
I love to hear your thoughts & comments.
Scroll down to the bottom and “drop me a note”!
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.