Nope, not the redhead kind… the BIRD kind!
Happy almost St. Patrick’s Day! Today I have a silly St. Patricks Day card for you. I have had this set, and other Cool Chicks sets for quite a while. For some reason I find these birds a bit hard to color. Color-wise I am fine, its is how to go about where to shade. Needless to say I have not colored many of them. Maybe now that I have conquered this one I will do some of the others.
I wanted my chick to look like he had slid down the rainbow into a pile of gold. I took Dew Drops and glued some on top of each other to create my pike of gold. Tonic Deluxe adhesive is the bomb for this type of thing.
The rainbow did not have as many segments as I wanted colors in it, so I just laid them next to each other. Did you catch the Nuvo Dream Drops in Cloud 9 on the CLOUD ? I am not sure I am crazy about it, what do you think?
- Feet: YR16
- Shirt & Headpiece: YG17, YG13, YG11
- Chick: Y19, Y18m, Y02
- Heart & Beak: R14
- Rainbow: R29, YR16, Y08, G05, B28, V09
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- MFT Sweet Celebration layer cut with MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Neenah layer cut with Lawn Fawn Zig Zag Rectangle, Rainbow cloud image stamped with Gina K amalgam in Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers, Nuvo Dream Drops in Cloud 9 on the cloud, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Chick image stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Digital 100lb, colored with various Copic Markers, cut with Scan N Cut, adhered with foam squares
- Sentiment stamped on MFT Limelight card stock with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips, adhered with tape runner
- Dew drops adhered under the chick with Tonic Deluxe adhesive
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Very cute colored beautifully. Love the pile of gold!
Good morning! Thanks so much for stopping by. Who knew you could pile up dew drops?! Always learning……
Adorable, Jill! I love everything about this card!
So cute! I have so many of those chick stamps! They are adorable! Thanks for sharing!