Happy Thursday to all of you. I apologize for my spotty posting. Life has gotten a bit in the way. Lately I have been experimenting and taking some online classes with colored pencils. Most of you know I love to add Prismacolor pencil to my Copics for added depth and shading. I have found I do not like to color with them by themselves, due to the wax bloom. I have also found I like the Spectrum Noir pencils, but alas they have a breakage tendency. So, my go to at the moment that I am liking are the Polychromos. There is another set that gets great reviews, Caran D’Ache Luminance. I am still looking for those on Facebook Yardsale! I scored my Polychromos 120 set for $100!
Snarky Sisters Challenge has a fun Booze themed challenge right now, so I grabbed my Polys and colored up a cute girl with a drink in her hand from Stamping Bella and paired her with a Sassy Sentiment from My Favorite Things.
I really love how you get all this great texture with pencil. You can use different things like solvents to smooth it out, but I can color smooth with a marker. I am loving all this cool texture.
I did use a product called Gamsol on her face to lighten the colors a bit. You can apply it many ways, I filled up an empty Copic marker with it and used it that way.
When I colored this girl up I thought I would leave her on a larger sheet and not cut her out. So I added some shading all around her, which is why you see grey all along the edges.
Polychromos Pencil List
- Hair: 179, 180, 182, 268
- Shirt: 125, 128, 129, 119
- Belt: 280, 178, 176
- Buckle: 251
- Jeans: 247, 151, 143, 120
- Flip Flops: 181, 255, 254
- Skin: 102, 132, 189, 188
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- MFT cotton Candy layer cut with Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles (retired), adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Petite Plaid layer cut with nested Rectangle die, Sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Stitched Oval cut from Cotton Candy paper, adhered with tape runner
- Image stamped with Gina K Amalgam ink in black on Strathmore Colored Pencil paper, colored with various Polychromos Pencils, cut with Brother Scan n Cut SDX125, adhered with foam squares
- MFT iridescent bubbles adhered with Tonic Deluxe glue
- Envelope embellished with matching patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
I love to hear your thoughts & comments.
Scroll down to the bottom and “drop me a note”!
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.