A little winter humor…
Happy Monday morning from me to you! I have one very cute ice skating giraffe for you today. Lately I have been doing a bit of scene building, and using smaller images. For me this means less coloring and more die cutting. Todays card has the scene built on a tag!
I CASED (Copy And Selectively Edit) todays card from Barbara Anders at Paper Pursuits. She did hers as an MFT Design Team Member.
I would call this, mini scene building. I used MFT Snowy Hillside, trimming it down on the sides.
I used the color combo for the spots that I normally use for red hair. The body has four shades to get that nice variation from light to dark.
- Scarf: YG907, YG95, YG93
- Spots: E09, E08, E13
- Body: YR24, YR23, YR21, Y21
- Ears: R11
- Skates: W5, W3, W1
- Antler: E15
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Base layer of Neenah dry embossed with Stampin Up! Cable Knit embossing folder, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Tag cut with MFT Treat tag from Gina K. Heavy weight (120lb) white, (I LOVE this paper for ink blending, it is super smooth) Ink blended with Distress Oxides in Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky, skate trails stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, Snow splatter created with Martha Stewart Pearl paint watered down and flicked,
- Hills created with Snowy Hillside dies trimmed to fit tag, adhered with foam squares
- Giraffe stamped on Hammermill with Gina K amalgam in obsidian, colored with various Copic markers, trees stamped with MFT cubes, all images cut with Brother Scan N Cut SDX125, adhered with tape runner
- Sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, cut with Fishtail Flag Trio Flag hand, adhered with tape runner
- Braided trim added to tag and adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Blue envelope from MFT.