Winding down the decade with My Favorite Things.
Good morning! Hopefully you all are still not in a Christmas coma, because we are gearing up for New Years!
If you also follow me on Instagram, you know I have been using a lot of My Favorite Things stamps lately. Do you tend to craft with a certain brand in clusters? I got back to doing challenge cards the past two weeks too. Copic Boot Camp and Christmas cards kept me pretty busy for the last couple months, not leaving me a lot of time to keep up. It was fun to challenge myself again, then my Neighbor and fellow artist threw me a New Years Challenge! But, that card will be in my 1/1/20 post. HAHAHA, you will have to come back on Monday to see what that was. In the mean time I have a bold gold New Years card to share.
I warned you last week about Nuvo drops! Check out the teeny tiny pearl earrings I gave her. I used an embossing stylus to pick up a small about of the Nuvo Drops from my glass mat to make them. It’s a great trick if you find just plopping those puppies out from the bottle scares you, or if you need a really small amount.
I wanted the glass to stand out a bit, so I stamped the glass an extra time, colored it, fussy cut then glued on top of the main image. This also allowed me to color the dress with out anything in the way! The pain of fussy cutting was better than the pain of coloring around it.
There were a lot of dies used in the making of this card. Two layering dies, the Cheers word die, the coordinating image die, the numbers die and the alphabet one. Sadly the alphabet and the numbers both seem to be retired. (sorry! the letters came from Whimsy Stamps Uppercase Alpha set and the numbers are Neat & Tangled Journaling)
- Champagne: YR23, Y21, Y20
- Champagne Glass: B000, B0000
- Dress: B37, BG09, BG07
- Skin: E21, E51, E50, R11
- Lip: RV14
- Hair: E09, E15, E13
- Shadow: BV20
- Card base of Neenah Classic Crest
- Tim Holtz metallic Kraft Gold layer cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle, adhered with tape runner
- Recollections dot layer cut with MFT Rectangle Stax, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Cheers cut three times, twice in black and once in gold, black ones glued together and gold adhered offset on those, adhered with Zig two way glue pen
- Words and numbers each cut twice and layered together, adhered with two way glue pen
- Image stamped on Hammermill with Gina K Amalgam ink in Obsidian, colored with various Copic Markers and Sakura gel pens, ( glass stamped twice then colored and fussy cut ) cut with coordinating die, adhered with foam squares
- Bubbles in glass made with Sakura Sparkling gel pen, shoes were colored with black glaze gel pen, gold accents on word, numbers and dress are metallic gold gel pen, earrings created with Nuvo drops and embossing stylus
- Envelope embellished with coordinating card stock and 6 inch double side adhesive