My Favorite Things, an oldie but a goodie.
Monday greetings from Skyway Drive. Last week I finally finished making my Christmas cards. My card list has grown every year, this year topping at 150. Next year I will be totally paring down! The way I make cards has certainly changed over the last 18 months. I used to LOVE assembly line multiple card making. Now I really enjoy the coloring and creating process and I no longer like that assembly line type of production. Honestly I feel like I cheated the recipient if I didn’t color something on their card! Crazy right?
Todays card was totally CASED ( Copy And Selectively Edit ) from Inge Groot who made this card as part of MFT’s Design Team last December. Her Blog is Patterned Paper Designs. To see her version of this card click HERE, it is really cute!
Before adding my colored image I created this “collage” that my image sits on top of. Photoplays Kringle & Co has these great color coordinating papers that I used.
I chose the cute dog wearing the Christmas ornaments. The sentiment reads Peace, Love, & Licks which I realized would be cool for Valentines! You may see this card with a different pup and some Valentine paper in the future!
I love to hear your thoughts & comments.
Scroll down to the bottom and “drop me a note”!
Copic Marker List
- Silver Ornament: W7, W5, W3
- Gold Ornament: YR23, Y15, Y11
- Red Ornament & Dog Coat: R39, R37, R35
- Dog Nose: T7, T5, T3
- Snout: E13, E11, E21
- Dog Body: E57, E35, E33
- Card base of Neenah classic crest 110lb
- white layer of Neenah cut with Spellbinders Nestabilites Rectangles adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Solid triangles cut with Honey Bee Stamps Stacking Pennant dies, open triangles cut with Whimsy stamps Shaker Pennant dies all from Photoplay Kringle & Co paper, adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Image stamped with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian on Hammermill paper, colored with various Copic Markers
- Stampin’ Up! silver metallic thread added to back of image with tape runner, image then adhered with foam squares
- Silver dew drops added with Tonic Deluxe adhesive
- Envelope embellished with coordinating Patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
- ** This set has coordinating die cuts, I do not have them and used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut my image. I did however include the dies in the shopping list to make it easier for you!
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.