Happy sunny Thursday from Skyway Drive. Have you ever wondered about the different spellings for the Jewish Festival of Lights? Well I did! There is no difference in meaning, and the spelling difference is explained this way: There’s a sound in Hebrew that is somewhere between a “H” and “CH”. Hence, both the spellings are correct. I think is super fun that the stamp set I am showing you today has the sentiment spelled both ways. Pretty cool of Stamping Bella to do that!
Candles are fun to work on. You can play with them different ways. I did two fun things with these. I colored outside the lines to add glow and added some glitter accents with a stylus to add that sparkly red base of the flame. The glitter ended up giving my card a subtle hint of bling without being overpowering.
I love to hear your thoughts and comments, scroll down to the bottom and “drop me a note”!
Copic Marker List
- Candle: B23
- Ladder: E44, E43, E42
- Menorah: YR23, Y15, Y00
- Flame: Y15, Y00
- Skin: E21, E51, E50, R11
- Shoes: N5
- Hair: E44, E79
- Dress: B26, B23, B21
- Cast Shadow of Ladder & Menorah: W1, W0
- Card Base of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb
- Custom blue gingham paper trimmed to size and adhered to base with Kokuyo tape runner
- Image stamped on Hammermill with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian, paper cut with Gina Marie Designs Ric Rac Nested Rectangles die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Imager colored with various Copic markers
- Glitter accents added to flame with stylus tool
- Envelope embellished with coordinating patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.