Colder weather means hot tea & good books!
Happy Veterans Day from chilly Annapolis! We enjoyed all 4 days of Fall here before it got downright COLD!
Do you seem to read more once the cold weather arrives? I know I do. With that in mind I decided to color up one of My Favorite Things Pure Innocence line called Bookworm. She is a cutie. I really like the simplicity of the line, it makes them easy to color and still versatile enough to really get creative with them.
Typically when I color these stamps I make their pants into blue jeans. So this time I did some paper piecing and gave her some funky retro plaid pants. I stamped that section of the image onto my plaid paper and fussy cut it out and adhered with tape runner. It’s a fun technique!
For a little dimension I placed Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew on the bookworms glasses.
- Hair: E99, YR27, YR23, YR21
- Skin: E21, E51, E50, R11
- Book Pages: BV20, 0
- Top, Bottom & Large Book, Inchworm: YG25, YG03, YG21
- Middle Book & Shoes: E18, E15, E13
- Shirt: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Hair Tie: YG03
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Book Pages: PC 1054, 50% Cool Grey
- Shirt: PC 994, Process Red
- Book: PC 913, Spring Green
- Hair: PC 945, Sienna Brown
- Card base of Neenah Solar White
- Dry embossed layer using Bazzill Apple Crush adhered with tape runner
- Fishtail flag layer cut with MFT Fishtail Flag die and adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Sentiment stamped on Neenah with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, cut with Neat & Tangled Skinny Strips, adhered with tape runner and foam squares
- Pants made by stamping on patterned paper and fussy cutting then mounting with tape runner
- Images stamped on Hammermill with Gina K Obsidian, colored with Various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, adhered with tape runner and foam squares
- After mounting I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the eyes of the inchworm
- Dew Drops added with Tonic Deluxe adhesive
- Envelope embellished with coordinating card stock and 6 inch double side adhesive
Good Morning Jill, so so so cute! I thought her pants were going to be cozy, flannel PJ pants!
I love your coloring and your super detail descriptions and supply list. I love how we all learn from each other.
Have a blessed day.
Thank you so much Nancy! I try and keep my blog posts simple and informative. I am always happy to answer questions. I think everyone in our group has certain strengths and styles, and yes it makes learning from each other a pleasure!
Really cute. Love the book worm’s glasses! Of course she is so cute in her little pants – maybe they are lounging pants! Flannel or retro she is just too cute!
She is a cutie Chris! The whole Pure Innocence Line is fun like that!
Love this adorable card x
Thank you so much! I always appreciate when readers post comments!
So very cute. Such a clever way to do the plaid trousers!
Thanks, oddly I always feel like I am cheating when I paper piece instead of coloring!