Hooray for pound puppies…
Happy Thursday from Skyway Drive! As a lot of you know, back in January we adopted a puppy (he’s a Chiweenie: 1/2 Chiahuahua 1/2 Dachshund) from our local SPCA. This was our first “pound puppy”. We had such an awesome experience. Our little man keeps our 13 y/o mini dachshund girls on their toes and keeps us laughing daily.
Are you familiar with Whimsy Stamps? If not you should check them out! This set is called Adopt Don’t Shop DOGS, and yes they have a CAT version too. The really cool part is that if you purchase either of these sets from Whimsy they donate a $1 per set to their local animal rescue. I just love that. Plus the sentiments are very witty!
Are these not the happiest looking bunch of dogs ever? It was really fun trying to pick different colors for them.
Copic Marker List
- Tongues: RV11, RV10
- Chihuahua: YR24, Y21, R00, R000
- Sheepdog: C4, C3, C2, C1, C0
- Bulldog: E44, E43, E42, E50, RV10
- Frenchie: W5, W4, W3, W2 R00, R000
- Dachshund: E09, E15, E13
- Shading BV20
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Chihuahua: PC1033 Mineral Orange
- Bulldog: PC941 Light Umber
- Frenchie: PC1072 50% French Grey
- Dachshund: PC943 Burnt Ocre
- Card base of Neenah Solar White
- Second layer of Stampin Up Basic Grey cut with Honey Bee Stamps Deckle Edge A2 die, adhered with tape runner
- Star Paper (retired from my stash) cut with Deckle Edge Die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side tape
- White layer of Neenah Solar white cut with Deckle Edge die adhered with tape runner
- Sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder on Neenah Solar White, cut with My favorite Things Fishtail Trio, adhered with tape runner
- Dogs stamped with Gina K. Amalgam ink in Obsidian on Hammermill Premium Color Copy Digital, colored with various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, white high lights added with white gelly roll pen .05, adhered with foam squares
- Envelope flap embellished with coordinating paper and 6 inch double side adhesive then trimmed
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.