Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur….
Recently a fantastic artist friend of mine had one of her cats pass away. I used this adorable kitty stamp to create her and her husband a Pet Sympathy card. I always agonize over cards I make for “arty” friends, I feel like the pressure in on! The front of the card is kind of generic, but I used this great Judith & Heather sentiment stamp called Paw Prints on the inside, it reads “May paw prints be forever on your heart”. I picked it up at a stamp show in Mesa, AZ last year.
I have not used the stipple technique in a while. I still struggle with uniform dots vs. blobs! However, this little kitty didn’t turn out too bad if I do say so myself!
I wanted to use the cute heart stamp as my embellishment, so after I stamped, colored and cut them out I added some Judikins Diamond Glaze. It does not photograph well! 🙁 But it gives your design a little dimension and shine, literally a “diamond glaze“!
- Cat: C5, C4, C3, C2, C1, BV20
- Hearts: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Collar: B00, B000, B0000
- Ground: W6, W5, W4, W3
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Cat: PC 1063 50% Cool Gray
- Collar: PC 904 Aquamarine
- Card Base of Neenah Solar White
- Polka dot layer cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle die, adhered with tape runner
- Plaid layer cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die, adhered with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- White layer cut with retired C.C. Designs Rectangle No.1, ground created with Copic marker, adhered with tape runner
- Cloud cut with Partly Cloudy die from glossy white card stock, adhered with foam square
- Cat and hearts stamped with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian on Hammermill Digital Color copy, colored with various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, cut with coordinating dies, Kitty adhered with foam squares, hearts have a layer of Judikins diamond glaze for dimension and shine and are adhered with glue dots
- Envelope flap embellished with coordinating card stock, adhered with 6 inch double side adhesive and trimmed