Clean and Simple with Newton’s Nook
Happy Monday from Skyway Drive. I have a clean and simple card for you that also has lots of versatility. Newton’s Nook Dainty Daises. Newton’s Nook has great sets that are super for scene building and for clean and simple cards. You should pop over and check them out.
These flowers color up so nicely. I chose to do my card in blue/violets with a peachy orange center. I shaded some of the flowers differently. Some are darker along the edge and some I did down the center.
They look really great in fall colors too! yellows, golds, oranges and rust! Numbers correspond below for the color combinations.
- Petals: BV000, BV0000
- Flower Centers: YR02, YR61, YR20
- Stems & Leaves: G24, G21, G20
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Petals: PC 1007, Imperial Violet
- Flower Centers: PC 943, Burnt Ochre
- Stems & Leaves: PC 912, Apple Green
- Card Base of Neenah Solar White
- Top layer of MFT Petite Plaid adhered with Kokuyo tape runner
- Third layer of Neenah solar white cut with MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle, Sentiment stamped with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian, mounted with fun foam and 1/4 inch double side adhesive
- Flowers stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Digital with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian, Colored with Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, mounted with foam squares
- Envelope embellished with MFT petite plaid paper cut to 6×2.25, adhered with 6 inch wide double side adhesive and trimmed
Alternate Copic/Prisma List
- Flower 1: YR23, YR20, PC 1033 Orange Mineral
- Flower 2: YR02, YR01, PC 923 Ecarlate Fonce
- Flower 3: R02, R01, PC 1032 Orange Citroville
- Flower 4: R02, R01, PC 944 Terra Cuite
- Flower 5: Y23, Y21, PC 1003 Orange Espagnol