My Favorite Things is having a card design contest! There are three categories: Clean & Simple Genius, Coloring Virtuoso and Innovation Master. Pop on over to their blog and read all about it!
Today’s post is my second entry, this time in the Coloring Virtuoso category.
This time I used the Bundles of Love set from the Pure Innocence Line. These simple straight forward images are a dream to color, so many possibilities!
Even the tiniest of images need a bit of detail. Here I colored the middle section of the wings a bit darker to make it look like they overlap.
I did a little scene building and gave my girl a rolling hill with a fence and some cool polka dotted grass! The Rolling Hills die is retired 🙁 .
- Hair: E9, E15, E13
- Dress: RV34, RV32, RV11
- Belt & Shoes: C7, C5, C3, E84
- Skin: E11, E21, E51
- Bees: Y06, C5, B00, B000
- Basket: E57, E35, E33, 0,
- Flowers, R14, R12, R11, YG17, YG13, YG11, Y17, BV13, BV11, Y08, Y06, Y04
Prismacolor Pencil List
- Hair: Terra Cotta PC944
- Dress: Hot Pink PC993
- Belt & Shoes: Metallic Silver PC949, Black PC935
- Skin: Light Umber PC941, Salmon PC1001
- Basket: Dark Brown PC 946
- Flowers: Lemon Yellow PC915, True Blue PC903
- Base card of Neenah Solar White
- Second layer of Tickled Pink card stock cut with Stitched Rectangle Stax and adhered with tape runner
- Third layer of Blue Breeze cut with Stitched Rectangle Stax, Sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with Clear
- Scene building with Rolling Hills, hill cut with Candy Land patterned paper and Fence with Neenah Solar White, attached together with tape runner, attached to Blue Breeze layer with foam squares
- Girl and Bees stamped with Gina K amalgam ink in Obsidian on Hammermill Color Copy Digital, colored with various Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, cut with Coordinatng dies in Gemini Jr. Bees adhered with foam squares and girl adhered with foam squares on head and tape runner on feet
- Envelope created with Candy Land patterned paper and 6 inch double side adhesive trimmer with scissors