Better late than never!
I know I promised you this second installment last week. Life and the long holiday got in the way! Lesson learned, do not promise a card and a post unless it’s already done! Hopefully this was worth your wait!
Bee Yourself….. This really is a versatile set. For my second card I chose to use the sentiment “you’re the bee’s knees”. I have a wonderful friend Polly, who started beekeeping this year. So this card will bee (see what I did there?) going out to her as a thank you for the wonderful jar of honey she sent me!
Bees are super fun to color. Check out the wings, using the darker blue where they overlap gives you the illusion of seeing thru them! Plus, that Nuvo glitter gloss gives them the right amount of shine.
The background of my card was done with Altenew pan watercolors in Fresh Lemon and Warm Sunshine. They gave me the right yellows to compliment the honeycomb shapes and sentiment that were stamped in Versafine and heat embossed with Ranger Marigold embossing powder.
- Bee Bodies: Y08, Y06, Y02 & C6, C4, C2
- Bee Wings: B0000, B000
- Bee Nose: RV23
- Hearts: RV14, RV13, RV23
- Card base of Neenah Solar White 110lb
- Second layer of watercolor paper cut with Honey Bee Deckle Edge dies attached to card base with fun foam and clear double side adhesive in 1/4 inch
- Watercolor background created with Altenew watercolor pans in Fresh Lemon and Warm Sunshine
- Honeycomb and sentiment stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with Ranger Marigold embossing powder
- Bee’s and hearts stamped on Hammermill Digital Color Copy 100lb with Gina K. amalgam in Obsidian (NEW INK and it’s super crisp!)
- Bee’s and hearts colored with Copic Markers listed above and cut with the Brother Scan n Cut then attached with foam squares
- Envelope flap created with Honey Bee Stamps Bee’s Knees paper cut to 6 x 2 1/4 and adhered with 6 inch clear double side adhesive then trimmed
Ohhh, so cute! Love the colors and design.
Have a blessed day. 🙂
Thanks Nancy! You always leave me such awesome comments, and they are appreciated greatly!
Cute, Cute, Cute! No matter how many Bee cards you make, they are always totally unique and offer different techniques.
LOL Rosanne! Good to know I can keep throwing “🐝” cards out there! The watercoloring was fun, I don’t know why I am so hesitant to use them more often.