Happy Labor Day Weekend (here in the States)!
I cannot believe it is September 1st! But lucky for you, that means it’s time for Challenge #22 over at Papercraft Business Papercraft Challenge. This Months theme is: There’s A Bear In There! I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with. I know the other Design Team Members and myself have some great inspiration for you.
I found my bears at Avery Elle in a stamp set called All Of Us. It is available as a bundle with the dies or you can purchase them each separately. It is such a simple, clean set and OH! so fun to color.
Deciding to make this a ‘congrats’ card, I wanted to have the colors bright and cheerful. I paired polka dotted paper from the My Favorite Things Sweet Celebration pack with some solid card stock from Stampin’ Up!
How fun are the paws holding the signs reaching down from above instead of holding them up? The sentiments are stamped upside down and work just as well as right side up. There are six different color combos in my dogs and bears. They are all listed below for you.
Copic Marker List
- Bear no. 1 & Dog no. 3: E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
- Bear no. 2 & Dog no. 4: E74, E71, E70
- Bear no. 3 & Dog no. 2: E18, E15, E13, E11
- Bear no. 4 & Dog no. 6: W4, W2, W0
- Dog no. 1: C4, C2, C0
- Dog no. 5: E99, YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20
- Card base of Neenah Solar White
- First layer of MFT Sweet Celebration paper cut with MFT Stitched rectangle die, attached with tape runner
- Second Layer of Stampin’ Up! Pumpkin Pie cut with next smaller MFT stitched rectangle die, attached with tape runner
- Bears and dogs stamped on Hammermill Premium Color Copy (cut to 2.5 x 1.75) with Gina K Amalgam Black and colored with Copic markers
- Paws and signs stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, carefully colored with Copic markers then fussy cut
- Window layer of Stampin’ Up! Lemon Lime Twist (retired color) cut with next size smaller MFT stitched rectangle die, the center was cut with Honey Bee Stamps Rectangle Window Trio (using 2 of the 3 windows)
- Bear and dog pieces added with tape runner
- Paws with signs attached to back of window with tape runner, window piece then attached to card front with foam squares
- Envelope flap made by taking a 6 x 2.25 piece of Sweet Celebration paper, backing it with 6 inch wide double side adhesive, placing it on envelope flap and trimming to size
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.