This week is buzzing on by…
While I didn’t get much completely created in the Studio, I did get some things started. But the big buzzz around here is my new car!
Bee Yourself……. I think you might have an idea that I love bees! There are lots of fun bee and bee theme stamps right now. I purchased this one in a kit from Simon Says Stamp, but it is available to purchase separately. I have so many fun ideas for it that I will be posting a part deux next week. Make sure you click to follow me so you don’t miss the buzzzz!
I used two of my favorite elements, a shaker and a wobble. Shaker cards can be a bit of work, but they always bring a smile. If you don’t know about wobbles….well you are missing out! There is a link in the shopping list. If you have never heard of them, click the link and check them out.
These guys color up so nicely. I added Nuvo glitter gloss to the wings, some black glaze gelly roll to his nose and eyes and a white gelly roll .08 to highlight his head.
The bee trail and sentiment are stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. Originally I left it plain, I liked the simplicity of it. Then I caved and colored in the BEE with Nuvo glitter gloss. It still gives it the simple look, with a bit of sparkle.
Copic Marker List
- Bee Body: C6, C4, C2 and Y19, Y15, Y02
- Bee Wings: BG0000, BG000
- Shading: BV20
- Card base of Neenah Solar White
- Layer of Bee’s Knees attached with tape runner
- Neenah solar white cut with deckle edge die
- Deckle layer die cut twice with hex die
- Sentiment and bee trail stamped in versafine and heat embossed with clear powder, ‘bee’ filled in with Nuvo glitter gloss
- Window sheet attached to back with double side adhesive, die cuts placed back in with 2 way glue
- On the back, around the die cuts I placed foam strips to create the shaker area, sequins added and attached to bee’s knees layer
- Bee stamped with Gina K amalgam black and colored with Copic markers, cut out with Brother Scan N Cut, attached with a wobble
- Envelope created with 2 1/4 x 6 inch piece of paper from Bee’s Knees, attached with 6 inch double side adhesive
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.