Theme: Special Occasions
Welcome to the Pals’ August Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that adds beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Are you shaking your head and saying, what makes that a “Special Occasion” card? To me, any day you can send someone a card and make their day is certainly a “Special Occasion”. What better way to make someone’s day than to tell them they make you happy?
To give my sentiments texture and gloss, I love to heat emboss them. Here I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black powder. I also really love to use Versafine with clear embossing powder.
Everyone colors this pig pink! I figured I would switch it up and make him gray. This also helped him coordinate color-wise with the DSP I used. To get the cool texture on my piggy, I colored him with alcohol markers then took a piece of terry cloth dampened with blending solution and dabbed. Pretty neat huh?
- Base card of Whisper White Thick
- Gorgeous Grape cut with largest stitched rectangle die, attached with tape runner
- Woven Threads DSP cut with slightly smaller stitched rectangle, attached with fun foam and tear tape
- Basic Black layer cut with slightly smaller still stitched rectangle attached with tape runner
- Whisper White Thick cut with stitched rectangle one more size smaller and attached with taper runner
- Sentiment stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black powder
- Piggy colored with various alcohol markers, cut with Brother Scan N Cut and attached with dimensionals
- Final touch of retired black basic rhinestone jewels
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping ~ hopefully you came from here
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio ~ YOU ARE HERE
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom ~ Visit HERE next!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Affiliate Links are used in this blog. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog.